NORFOLK – The pews will be empty, and the organ silent at Norfolk United Methodist Church, 9 W. Main St., on Sunday, Oct. 10.
But that’s not because Pastor Harold Wheat and the congregation are taking a Sunday off.
Pastor Wheat says, “During our regular Sunday service time we will move outside of the building and focus on community service projects.”
Parishioners plan five projects:
• The United Methodist Women will coordinate the preparation and serving of a meal to satisfy heart and body at the Norfolk Senior Center;
• The Habitat for Humanity Team will assist in the construction of a home for a working family in Rensselaer Falls;
• The church choir will make a joyful noise for seniors at the St. Regis Nursing Home in Massena;
• The Green Thumbs Team will work on beautifying gardens at Norwood-Norfolk Central School to help our community take pride in our school.
• The Prayer Team will meet in the church fellowship room at 11 a.m.
At 4 p.m., the teams will gather in the fellowship room for a celebration. On display will be photos from all the worksites.
The church family and all those who want to join them in community service are invited to participate.
For more information, contact 384-4572.