Madrid Dam Music Series kicks off Wednesday with talented local singers, continues all summer
MADRID – The Madrid Dam Music Series will kick off June 28, with a show from 6-8 p.m., by well-known local singers Rebecca Branchau-Besaw, 2016 Idol on the River winner, of Gouverneur, and Potsdam’s Bill Melchior.
The two will perform solos and duets of various well-known cover songs at Madrid community park or in the park building if there is inclement weather.The first show of the series is Dairy Night, and Camryn Chester, the 2017-2018 St. Lawrence County Dairy Princess, will be on hand with dairy treats and an address at intermission.
Local artisans and craftsmen will have displays for viewing including quilts, barn quilts and farm photography.
A hand-painted milk can will be auctioned to raise money for the series.
In addition there will be food and beverages for sale.
Attendees are welcome to bring their coolers, but all MDMS events are no smoking and no alcohol events.
All shows in the series are free, but donations are accepted.
Other upcoming performances
• July 5, Gretchen Koehler and Don Woodcock, multi-award winning fiddlers
• July 12, Bridge the Divide, “faith-lifting musicians
• July 19, Potsdam Community Band, 80-member band
• July 26, Steelin’ Country, traditional crafted country music
• Aug 2, Madrid Has Possibilities, An Open Mic Night
• Aug 9, Barb Heller, an evening with music and stories
• Aug 16, Madrid Community Chorus & Noteworthy Hand Bell Choir
• Aug 23, Jack Kelly Little Big Band, veteran’s tribute evening
• Aug 30, Tyler Allen and friends, MWCS selected performer
For more information on the series, call 315-265-2047 or log on to https://www.facebook.com/Madrid-Dam-Music-Series-1528303720811181/.