POTSDAM – The second annual Karma Yoga Fundraiser starts at 9 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 8 at Lawrence Avenue Elementary School with a class of Gentle Kripalu Yoga with Alison Brant.
“Last year we raised over $800 for the St. Lawrence Valley Renewal House. I am hoping to double that amount this year,” said organizer Shannon Miller.
Several other classes, each an hour and 15 minutes long, will also be held throughout the day, for $10 per adult and $5 per student:
• 10:30, Hatha Yoga with Monique Christiensen
• noon, Hatha Yoga with Ellie Beeler
• 1:30 p.m., Vinyasa Flow with Sarah Scafidi-McGuire
• 3 p.m., Gentle Yoga with Terry de la Vega
• 4:30 p.m., Kundalini Yoga with Gurumantra Kaur.
All proceeds benefit St. Lawrence Valley Renewal House, sheltering and helping victims of family violence.
Claimed benefits of yoga include improved strength, posture, lung capacity, flexibility, concentration and mood, and a decrease in stress and anxiety.
For more information or to make a donation contact Shannon at 244 3550 or [email protected].