Journalist to discuss the '99 Percent' in Canton
Monday, April 1, 2013 - 4:52 pm

CANTON –Sheldon Richman, vice president of publications at the Future of Freedom Foundation, will give a talk titled, “The Ninety-Nine Percent Versus the One: Not as Simple as It Looks,” at St. Lawrence University at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 3, in Hepburn Auditorium.

The event is open to the public, free of charge. Refreshments will be served.

According to Richman, “Contrary to Occupy Wall Street, the 99 percent never had it so good. Yet because the American economic system falls far short of being a free market, the 1 percent enjoys government-based privileges that amount to injustice against the rest. Thus, the best hope for the 99 percent is the freed market.”