'How to Start a Small Business' workshop in Ogdensburg May 3
OGDENSBURG -- The Greater Ogdensburg Chamber of Commerce and the SUNY Canton Small Business Development Center (SBDC) are co-sponsoring a workshop entitled, “How to Start a Small Business” on Thursday, May 3, from 6-8 p.m. at the Dobisky Visitor’s Center in Ogdensburg.
This information session will cover what is involved in starting up a small business.Some topics of discussion:
• Is Entrepreneurship for you?
• Forms of Business Organization
• Business Licenses
• Business Name
• Business Insurance
• Taxes…Sales Tax, Payroll Tax, Self-Employment Tax and Federal Income Tax
• Are you seeking Funding sources?
• How to be prepared to seek the appropriate funding source
• Importance of developing a proper Business Plan
• Financial Planning and Analysis
• Marketing Strategies
• Pitfalls to avoid.
Cost for the workshop is $20 per person and it includes the materials, pizza and refreshments.
Reasonable arrangements for persons with disabilities will be made, if requested at least two weeks in advance. Please call the Ogdensburg Chamber at 315-393-3620 to make arrangements.
The New York Small Business Development Center (SBDC) is partially funded by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).
The support given by the U.S. SBA through such funding does not constitute an expressed or implied endorsement of any of the co-sponsors or participants’ opinions, products, or services.
SBDC and Chamber services are extended to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis.