GOUVERNEUR – The Riverview Park Association is sponsoring several youth sports clinics and a road race series for the whole family throughout July and August.
The schedule follows:
• Football Training, Wednesdays and Sundays, through Aug. 4, 5:30-8 p.m., pre-season skill practice with Coach Devlin; kids ages 12-18; free.
• Mini Cats Football Training, Wednesdays through Aug. 4, 4-5 p.m., with Coach Devlin; kids ages 8-12; free.
• Groovy Gouvy 5k Race Series and Kid Fun Run and 2 Mile Walk, July 24 and Aug. 21, 9 a.m.; a morning of healthy aerobic activity for the whole family; registration: 9 a.m., $8 per person for the run, $5 per person for the walk; proceeds go to Riverview park; fun run (free) 9:45 a.m., 5k run and 2 mile walk, 10 a.m.
• Premier Soccer, July 26 to 30, 9-11:15 a.m.; Coach Chris Pacilio, Jefferson Community College, leads premier skills clinic for beginner to experienced soccer players, ages 5-8, 9-10:15 a.m., and ages 9-18, 9- 11:15 a.m.; $35
• Archery, Fishing and Survival Skills Clinic, Aug. 2 to 5, 10-12 p.m.; fishing in the Oswegatchie along with archery and survival activities each day; learn proper archery techniques and shooting methods; $25
• Football Week, August 9 to 12, 9-11 a.m.; Pee Wee Football practice instructed by Gouverneur Football staff and athletes; $40
• Cross Country(X/C) Running Week, Aug. 16 to 19, 9-11 a.m.; ages 12-18; activities include stretching, speed drills, distance runs and ultimate Frisbee games; $10
• Cheerleading, Aug. 23 to 26, 10-11:30 a.m.; Laci Redmond, Gouverneur Cheerleader, leads week of basic instruction for younger cheerleaders and those interested in cheer leading; ages 7-11; $25
• Bowling Week, Aug. 23 to 26; meet at the Gouverneur Bowl for a few hours of bowling fun and instruction; $20