From July 1 through Nov. 15, eligible low-income seniors age 60 and over may use Farmers Market Coupons to purchase locally grown fruits and vegetables from local farmers' markets.
Office for the Aging will begin distributing coupon booklets at the Senior Picnic on July 11 at the Madrid Park. Other distribution locations and dates are listed below. Booklets cannot be mailed and may not be picked up by proxies.
Only one coupon booklet will be issued per senior household regardless of how many seniors comprise the household. Senior citizens who have questions regarding Farmers’ Market Coupons should contact Diana McCormick at the Office for the Aging at 386-4730.
Income eligibility restrictions are a monthly income at or below $1,800 a month for a one-person household; $2,426 per month for a two-person household; $3,051 for a three-person household. Also eligible are seniors currently receiving or eligible to receive SSI, public assistance, or a Section 8 housing subsidy.
Farmer’s Market Coupon distribution sites and dates:
• Madrid Senior Picnic, Madrid Community Park, Friday, July 11, 10 a.m.-2p.m.
• Brasher Meal Center, LBSH Apts., Church St., Monday, July 14, 10:30 a.m.-1p.m.
• Canton Meal Center, Grasse River Apts., Riverside Dr., Tuesday, July 15, 10:30 a.m-1 p.m.
• Gouverneur Cambray Courts, 68 West Main St., Wednesday, July 16, 10:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
• Star Lake Meal Center Clifton-Fine Community Center, Thursday, July 17 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Edwards Meal Center, Senior Courts,16 Trout Lake St., Monday, July 21, 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
• DeKalb Meal Center, Sunrise Valley Apts., Tuesday, July 22, 10:30 a.m.-1p.m.
• Massena Laurel Terrace, 9 Laurel Ave., Wednesday, July 23, 9:30-10:30 a.m.
• Massena Grassmere Terrace, 1 Grassmere Rd., Wednesday, July 23, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
• Ogdensburg Centennial Terrace, Washington St., Friday, July 25, 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Potsdam Midtown Apartments, 1 Munson St. Monday, July 28, 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m.