CANTON – The St. Lawrence County Public Health Department’s Rabies Clinic schedule for this year has been set.
Public Health says it is important for all domesticated dogs, cats and ferrets are immunized against rabies.
All clinics are held at the Canton Human Service Center, 80 State Hwy. 310, Suite 2.
Dates and times are:
• Thursday, March 8, 2 to 5 p.m.
• Thursday, June 7, 5 to 8 p.m.
• Thursday, Sept. 13, 2 to 5 p.m.
• Thursday, Oct. 11, 5 to 8 p.m.
Some things attendees should know:
• Proof of current rabies vaccination is required for all animals needing a 3-year vaccination. A rabies tag is not acceptable proof.
• Dogs and cats must be at least three months old to be vaccinated.
• Pets should have a collar and leash. If not on a leash, cats may be brought in an animal carrier or a pillowcase.
• Pregnant dogs and cats can be vaccinated.
• An adult must accompany all pets brought to clinic.
For more rabies information, visit http://www.co.st-lawrence.ny.us/Departments/PublicHealth/RabiesControl