OGDENSBURG -- Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center’s diabetes education program will present guest speaker Ted Kaufman at 4 p.m. Thursday, June 21, Medical Center Auditorium.
Kaufman will speak about diabetes self-management and lifestyle strategies based on extensive training and his personal experience living with diabetes.
Kaufman is a member of the A1C Champions Program, which is a patient-led approach to diabetes education. A1C Champions know first-hand the challenges and obstacles to maintaining control of their diabetes.
Kaufman will cover topics including:
• Achieving good glucose control
• Learning about effective self-management
• Developing a balanced, healthy lifestyle
• Planning and prioritizing diabetes management
• Overcoming fears surrounding diabetes
• Finding resources for diabetes support
For reservations to this free program, contact Karen Cole, certified diabetes educator at 713-5181.