Canton Pee Wee soccer starts in August; registration Monday
CANTON – The Canton Pee Wee Soccer Program has announced its season schedules for Canton area children entering grades pre-kindergarten through 6 in September 2010.
Players must turn 4 years old prior to December 1, 2010 in order to participate in the 2010 season.All players must have shin pads in order to participate. It is strongly recommended that players registered at the 3rd grade level or above have soccer cleats.
Coaches and sponsors are needed at all levels along with volunteers to sell concession.
Contact Pee Wee Soccer Commissioner Lisa Elliott at 854-4321 for coaching information.
The tentative 2010 season schedule for Grades 3-6 is as follows:
The Gr. 3-6 season is scheduled to run Aug. 11 through Sept. 17
• Skill Clinic Days for Gr. 3-6 levels will be held on Aug. 11 – 13 from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
• Practices/Games will initially run Aug. 16 – Sept. 3 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 6:30-8 p.m.
• Practices/Games will continue to run from Sept. 8 - 17 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
The tentative 2010 season schedule for Grades Pre-K – 2 is as follows:
• Grades Pre-K- Grade 2 will play Aug. 16 – Sept. 17 on Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
• There will be no practice on Monday, Sept. 6 – Labor Day.
Registration fees are $30 per individual and $50 per family with a $5 per player late fee added for players signed up on Aug. 6 or later (maximum late fee per family $15).
Scholarships are available by contacting Pee Wee Soccer Commissioner Lisa Elliott or Kelley Glasgow.
Registration: Canton Pee Wee Fields concession stand, Monday, July 26 from 5-7:30 p.m., or online through Aug. 6 by following the links on the Canon Pee Wee website at www.cantonpwa.org.