Annual lighted pumpkin contest, display in Waddington Saturday
WADDINGTON – A lighted pumpkin contest will be held Saturday, Oct. 30 at the Waddington Town Hall Square.
As the pumpkins arrive, they are arranged into one of the largest lighted pumpkin displays in New York State.Over the years, entries have included snowmen, spiders, ghosts, dogs, deer, fish, and more.
People may bring as many pumpkins as they want. Prizes will be awarded.
1. Pumpkins must be carved, painted or decorated. No need for candles.
2. Pumpkins must be dropped off at the Town Hall Square by 6:30 p.m. Saturday to be eligible for the judging.
Put your name and phone number on the sheet and write your number on the back of your pumpkin so we can call you if you win a prize.
3. Any props or special dress must be firmly attached to the pumpkin. The chamber will not be responsible for lost items.
4. Judging will take place at 7:30 p.m. Pumpkins should be picked up at the end of the evening event.
5. Cash prizes will be awarded after judging.
If you have any questions, contact Nancy Putney at 388-5576.