River Agency and IDA approve $436,000 in grants for Massena, Ogdensburg, Lisbon, Fine, Louisville and Waddington projects
The St. Lawrence River Valley Redevelopment Agency and the St. Lawrence County Industrial Development Agency awarded $436,358 for 10 local community development projects.
The Community Development and Environmental Improvement Program (CDEIP) is designed to help fund projects that will provide a clear and demonstrable economic or community benefit; and applicants and their proposed project(s) must be principally located in St. Lawrence County.Approved projects include:
• Fort La Presentation was awarded $40,000 in grant funds to assist in the development of apark and trail system at the City of Ogdensburg’s historic Lighthouse Point.
• Massena Arts and Theatre Association was awarded $50,000 in grant funds to be used toward the purchase and redevelopment of the Old Massena Theatre.
• Massena Boys and Girls Club was awarded $55,000 in grant funds to assist in the rehabilitation and redevelopment of the former St. Joseph’s Social Hall to house this community’s new club.
• Massena High School Robotics Team was awarded $13,558 in grant funds to support students’ development in engineering, physics and advanced math technologies.
• Maxam, NA, Inc. was awarded $78,000 in grant funds to be used toward the construction of a rail spur as the part of the company’s proposed plan to construct an oxidizer manufacturing facility.
• St. Lawrence River Walleye Association was awarded $12,000 in grant funds toward the purchase of a pump and minor maintenance and safety equipment as part of the Association’s restocking, research and community education project.
• The Town of Fine was awarded $10,000 in grant funds to assist in the rebuild of the historic Wanakena footbridge.
• The Town of Lisbon was awarded $45,000 in grant funds to assist in the repair of the masonry façade on the Town of Lisbon Hepburn Library.
• The Town of Louisville was awarded $42,800 in grant funds to assist in exterior work to the Community Center.
• The Town of Waddington was awarded $90,000 in grant funds to assist in the installation of a groundmounted 55,000 watt solar array system.
For more information contact the St. Lawrence County Industrial Development Agency Local Development Corporation at 379-9806 or visit www.slcida.com.