Potsdam Chamber's Super Holiday Weekend, with shopper incentives, set for Dec. 4 and 5
POTSDAM – The Potsdam Chamber of Commerce is inviting businesses to participate in the Super Holiday Weekend on Saturday, Dec. 4 and Sunday, Dec. 5.
The chamber is advertising the event locally, in the Adirondacks (Tupper Lake, Saranac Lake) as well as the southwestern region of the county (Gouverneur).The chamber will again be offering a $150 shopping spree (chamber gift certificates) as an incentive to shop in town during Super Holiday Weekend, and a $50 gift certificate giveaway the following two weeks.
Participating businesses are asked to come up with an event to be held at their location. Ideas the chamber has suggested include:
• Story hour with Santa
• Interactive games/children’s events
• Product demonstrations (electronics, cookware, snowshoes, skis, tools, etc.)
• Progressive discounts (starting with a large early morning discount and decreasing the amount with each hour that passes)
• Sunday shopping hours throughout December
• Gifts separated into his/hers
• Wine and/or food tastings
• Drawings for free products or gift certificates
• Special December menus or food offerings
A Readymade Activity: For a donation of $10, the chamber can schedule an appearance by an ensemble from the Merry Tuba Christmas group to visit a business on Saturday Dec. 4 and play a tune or two. Donations will help to pay for the conductor and any remaining funds will go to the Potsdam Holiday Fund in addition to any donations collected at the concert.