CANTON – Classes leading to DEC pesticide recertification are scheduled through February at the Cornell Cooperative Extension of St. Lawrence County classroom, on the “learning farm” along State Rt. 68.
The certifications are for Categories 1a, 3a, 10, 23, & 24. Each session confers 1.0 credits in the categories above. Those completing the whole series earn a total of 5.0 credits.
The cost of each session is $5, or pay $20 for all five sessions.
The topics, dates and presenters are as follows:
• Thursday, Dec. 19 at 2 p.m., Pesticide Mode of Action, Classes and Rotation Strategies for Insecticides/Fungicides, with Margery Daughtrey and Dan Gilrein
• Friday, Jan. 3 at 10 a.m., Cultural & Sanitation Techniques – Reducing Pest Levels – Pre, Post and Mid Crop Cycles, with Betsy Lamb and Brian Eshenaur
• Thursday, Jan. 9 at 2 p.m., Insect and Disease Monitoring – Yellow Sticky Cards – Where to find Thrips on Plants – Early Signs of Disease – Where to check First, with Dan Gilrein and Brian Eshenaur
• Tuesday, Jan. 14 at 2 p.m., Using Biological Control I – Transitioning to Biocontrol – White Fly – Fungus Gnats, with John Sanderson and Betsy Lamb
• Tuesday, Feb. 4 at 2 p.m., Using Biological Control II – Disease Biocontrol Strategy – Biocontrol Viability Checks – Thrips, with Margery Daughtrey and Dan Gilrein.
To register for the webcasts or for more information call 379-9192.